"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, December 11, 2010

~ Keystone for Holidays ~


The holiday season holds memories from our past.  We are each at a different place to view the holiday season.  We arrived in the present moment from our individual journey.  And yet, we are connected by humanity and the pursuit of life.  Life is daily and persistent.

Some dread the season, the preparations, the expectations and monumental busy, busy of the season.  It is not a disregard but weariness for the loss of meaningful celebration.  Simplicity for the season, in my opinion, needs resurrection.

Anticipation of gatherings with loved ones and friends for sharing traditional foods and stories is keystone for holidays.

Perhaps hand made gifts and especial prepared cookies or cakes and a story crafted for the holiday telling.

So much money I spent on things to create atmosphere in my life, and alas, most of these “things” had to be left behind.  And to my very surprise atmosphere resides within my body, soul and spirit.

Wishes of love and true atmosphere of life to reside with each of you, always and forever, this season and all that follow.

Sending love, dear ones, magnolia

11 comments:

Terra said...

You are right about focusing on the real joys of Christmas. For me a beautiful aspect is the solemn look inside my church during Advent, when the church is a bit dark and lit by trees with white lights. This beauty is very simple and pure.
Happy holidays.

Robyn Campbell said...

Sandi, this is lovely. Things in life don't matter. It's the things inside of us that do. :)

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful post. My greatest joy is having my family together...hubby, myself, and my two sons. I grew up a lonely child with very little family so I cherish what I have.
Mary

Sharon Lovejoy said...

SIMPLICITY, yes. I was so shocked when my step son sent along the list of what the children want???? Where am I? What century are we in 2112??

Yikes, it will be cookies, Lincoln Logs, and joy for me.

Honestly, you've got it ALL RIGHT.

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Ashling said...

What a timely post. I've found that a stressful year and lack of time are 'forcing' me to favor simplicity over the usual hullabaloo, and that simplicity feels so decadently comforting....

LARCHMONT said...

Very inspiring post, and I love the focus on simplicity. I agree that the most memorable joys of the season have nothing to do with the monetary value of gifts, but the care and personal investment put into them. Thank you for sharing such wise words. This really put me in the spirit of Christmas.

Paul C said...

'Simplicity for the season, in my opinion, needs resurrection.' This is a beautiful post. Retrieving what is most important, enriching relations between family, friends, community, finding personal peace. Thanks.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Let the 'Resurrection of Simplicity' be heard over the lands! Let it ring loud and clear...a proclamation to take the reason for the season back and fill us up with Love.

A most beautiful sharing Sister/Friend...one that more and more of us want and are living so we find that Peace that passes all understanding.

Your wisdom helps to fill my spirit!
xoxo

renilde said...

Dear Wild Magnolia, these are very wise words.
There is beauty in simplicity.
There is warmth in hand- and homemade.
A time to celebrate the love and friendshap we are able to share, which will bring joy to our hearts.
Love x Renilde

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Dear Sandra, what a beautiful post. All words ring true with me. My simplest Holiday ever and I love it. But in years past with a houseful of children - it was different. Special thoughts go out to you this day.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

hi sandi...very nice, indeed...quiet and simple here too...with sweet boy teddy

sending love to you today,
kary and teddy
xxx

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers