"One always feels that one has grown so old that Christmas has almost lost its meaning, and then when it comes one realizes how much it still means."--Karen Blixen (1922)
This morning I was online looking at Christmas customs around the world. Keeping it simple, I settled on photos on Danish Christmas. I always look at recipes but thought ya'll might freak out if I put a recipe here, the shock of it and all. :)
While I love and appreciate our American Christmas traditions, I remain interested and intrigued with other countries celebrations and traditions. I'm much like a child in still loving stories in pictures! :)
Above you will find Copenhagen downtown at Christmas, a photo entitled Christmas Apples, a spare White Christmas, and a Tivoli Christmas Market scene.
Being a mental traveler is so fun, the possibilities are endless and free. I do travel the Copenhagen downtown area at night, I do nibble the Christmas Apples, I do soak up the spare beauty of the White Christmas and wander about the Tivoli Christmas Market.
Wishing you the comfort and joy of your personal beliefs and traditions for this season!




5 comments:
What a beautiful post. Pictures are breathtaking - you always seem to find such beauties. The quote is perfect.
I am so pleased I found you. Your sharing brings the lady at the edge of the woods "much pleasure." Blessings returned to you this day.
Sandi, what a most lovely post. I love the photos. The quote is excellent.
Learning about Christmas customs throughout our world gives me great joy and much hope. :)
I agree that being a mental traveler is ALMOST as good as being there in person. It's the same with reading a book. We are pulled into that world, that time period, that place and are saddened when the end comes and we must say adieu.
Blog looks so pretty and Chrismassy. Love it, my bff.
These pictures are lovely. Like you, I enjoy the customs from around the world. I enjoyed this post.
Mary
Magnolia, absolutely loved this post and the chosen photos. My favorite is the spare white Christmas with the unadorned tree. But isn't the apple pic charming too!
Thanks for giving me a window to the world today.
Smiles for you...
I enjoyed your post,really bringing that Christmas mood.x
Post a Comment