Vincent van Gogh. Memory of the Garden at Etten (Women of Arles), 1888.
"Today, many will break through the barriers of the past by
looking at the blessings of the present. Why not you?"
Steve Maraboli
looking at the blessings of the present. Why not you?"
Steve Maraboli
Being focused daily on improving my ability to be of service to others I have made a beautiful discovery. These circumstance have thrown open a door within myself to grow, to face personal issues I have needed to overcome. Oh my, what a revelation! I say, tally ho', it is high time.
My name, Sandra, originates from the Greek Alexandra, and is an English shortened version. Various meaning are helper, defender, defender of men (ahah!), server of others. Even my sun sign, Virgo, upholds the definition of helper of others.
These definitions forever troubled me. Servitude never came easy for me. Life has grown me into this servitude. I have always wanted to help others but a true heart of service leaves the "self" out of it.
I must say, life has thrown me a curve, and I find myself pleasantly surprised.
Wishing you a fine day!
My name, Sandra, originates from the Greek Alexandra, and is an English shortened version. Various meaning are helper, defender, defender of men (ahah!), server of others. Even my sun sign, Virgo, upholds the definition of helper of others.
These definitions forever troubled me. Servitude never came easy for me. Life has grown me into this servitude. I have always wanted to help others but a true heart of service leaves the "self" out of it.
I must say, life has thrown me a curve, and I find myself pleasantly surprised.
Wishing you a fine day!
"The past is never there when you try to go back. It exists, but only in memory. To pretend otherwise is to invite a mess." ~Chris Cobbs


7 comments:
great post, sandi.
sweet face teddy and i are wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friend
sending love,
kary and teddy boy
xxx
Oh I firmly believe in looking at the blessing of the present ... there are so many of them!
Wonderful post my friend!!
Good for you,I'm glad you saw the open door.
xx renilde
The present! Without it, I wouldn't have you in my life. :)Live for the moment, bff. Love this post. It reminds me of you.
The painting is lovely. :)
Great post. I'm trying to think of each day as a chance to put more energy into all of me. Especially in my writing. I too often shelve that part of me.
I love this post. The quotes speak to my heart. So true. I am a Libra and I know that balance is very important to me.
Have a good weekend.
I must amdit the meaning of my given name same as yours has sort of thrown me a "really"? curve in my lifetime LOL.
I am not Virgo but Capricorn with very strong Virgo influence in my natal chart.. oh ya what a mix LOL...
I think we make very good helpers of those looking to help themselves as well! We are not excuse makers... We are help when true help is needed, with a good dose of reality tossed in. We are stronger than we like to give ourselves credit for and we are most capable of taking on great challenges... Capricorn being the work horse of the zodiac and Virgo certainly the total ogranizer of the zodiac... some might say rigid we are but I say we are capable doers that can get any task handled and we are able to remove ourselves usually from the emotional when need is there to get the job done! We feel it but no one else will know that as we keep the task at hand and get the job done! Does this make us cold or uncaring, heck no, this makes us a get it done kinda a gal!
Capricorn carries a bit more of that aloof reputation I do believe LOL, but we have feelings just like everyone else :O)... but no one will ever know it LOL...
Post a Comment