"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Wednesday, November 10, 2010

~ Going In ~

I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.  ~John Muir, 1913, in L.M. Wolfe, ed., John Muir, John of the Mountains:  The Unpublished Journals of John Muir, 1938
www.thetravelinghoe.com
(you gotta love the website title :))

Good morning dear ones!  

Today began thankfully, as I prefer, with a walk around my neighborhood.  The ancient oaks were waiting for me, greeting me, standing tall and still full of leaves.  Growing shyly in one corner of an old apartment building yard I spied what we call the pink vine.  The vine is not pink, the flowers are tiny pink lantern look a likes.  They are from childhood and I am delighted.  I would love to take a "pinch" of the vine and try to sprout on my windowsill.  This is in my mind but I'm not sure and do not desire a police call.  :)

Walking is a "stepping out" from more than my apartment.   As John Muir has written in his journal, I am discovering there is a "going in", going on.  Even though I dwell in a city, I shut out the city noise and "go in" to my own woodland world.  There are trees and flowers, and earth and sky, and Lake Howard, so you see, this a enough for me.  I have made if fit, made it what I need, and it is working.

Blessings!

6 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

hello my friend...i wish teddy and i were with you on that walk this morning...

have a wonderful day

sending love,
kary and sweet face teddy
xxx

blessedmama said...

It's so nice when we find something that reminds us of our childhood unexpectedly. That happened to me yesterday in an antique store. Nice post.

Melodie said...

I am so glad to hear you so up beat and to know you are discovering new beauty in your walks!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Don't you just love those moments of clarity, when 'star stuff' just pops out at you?

I will check out your link, as I'm sure it's wonderful! I love John Muir!

Love the colorful photo! :)

Blessings and Blissings...
xoxo

Robyn Campbell said...

Lady Shamrock and I were with you on your walk today. She kept stopping to eat the delicious leaves that came her way. :) We talked and talked. It was wonderful.

I will stop by the site with the most wonderful name later today.

Even those of us in the country have to shut things out and go into our little world. The problems that plague us need to be moved out of our minds as we commune with God and all that he has made.

I love your post today. Have a beautiful day. :)

Robyn Campbell said...

I had to tell you that my word verification was resting. Which is what I do when I visit you. :)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers