“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us!” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tyrol, Austria - Misty Mountain Village, Travel Log
“The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the one that stands in the open where it is compelled to struggle for its existence against the winds and rains and the scorching sun." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)
Ancient Oaks - Georgia (no photo credit available)
Thinking today we are stronger than we know. Strength seems to bubble up from within. We may dip and swerve and stager but our ability to continue seems inborn.
There is a damp chill in the air this morning. Winds have calmed and a soft breeze begins the day. The sky is clear blue and a warmer day is promised.
This morning my left knee has a "catch" in it and I will not walk. Hopefully this afternoon it will be better. Usually I wear a ace bandage brace on my right knee. Suppose I will have to buy one for the left knee too. Oh, bother. :)
Our daughter Vicky arrived via Amtrak train on Sunday. We had a good dinner and long visit. I went job hunting with her yesterday. Slim pickings so far, something will turn up. She has hopes of working maybe two days a week, a break from caring for her Dad. Today she is meeting with a social worker to see if financial assistance is available for her as caregiver for her Dad.
Irwin's oncologist office is trying for approval of a PET scan for Irwin to determine how far the cancer is spread. He advised Irwin's insurance fights this tooth and nail. This imaging machine is so expensive it is hauled from hospital to hospital. Hospitals cannot afford to purchase, so you know using this machine is expensive.
I'm blogging and posting but have not worked on my stories in awhile. Soon.
I did check out a biography of Joseph Pulitzer, who for his contributions, the Pulitzer Prize bears his name. Also Rebecca Wells book, The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder. And last, Uncle Monday and Other Florida Tales...a children's book, I think. So reading is on the plate for today.
Blessings, dear ones and have a wonderful day.


6 comments:
Sorry to hear you are having knee pain. Lately mine have been bothering me as well. Guess that comes with age. Take care of yourself.
Mary
Love the Emerson quote. Love it.
Let me know how Uncle Monday and Other Florida Tales reads. If it is good, I will check it out at our library, assuming they have it. I went yesterday and checked out four books.
Praying your knee is feeling better.
Also, praying Vicky finds a job. (she'll need the break and extra cash.)
My nephew drives a truck and brings imaging equipment to the hospitals here in NC and does the testing too. I deeply pray about Irwin and this test. He HAS to have it.
Hope your day is as beautiful as you. :)
I hope your knee gets better! Glad you got to visit with your daughter. Quality mother-daughter time is always so important. And that Ralph Waldo Emerson quote is one of my all-time favorites.
I do hope your knee gets better quickly so you can go for your walks! I know my running is as much for me mentally as it is physically. Great stress reliever and just really good thinking time :O).
Hope your daughter finds a job. Love the quote you started the blog post with.
My daughter had knee surgery back in Feburary - so I know how deeply a knee problem can effect daily life! Hope it heals quickly my friend!
Your quotes and images - speak to my heart.
Hope the knee issue gets better. I tore a cartalege in mine about 8 years ago. Resulted in surgery and it still aches from time to time. A garden injury I could have avoided. You do not plant 50 plants with a shovel and light shoes on your feet. When I want to plant I just grab the shovel and never think to put on heavy shoes:)
Post a Comment