"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

~ Watermelon is Fun~



Lake Placid, Lake Placid, Florida

Watermelon is fun
every sane person loves watermelon, right?
wet and summer sweet and drippy
cold comfort on a steamy day
never mind the seeds
spit ‘um out or, spit ‘um on a friend
eat until you feel you’ll burst

watermelon juice washes right off
run so fast and jump in the
the nearest lake and let the fishies
nibble your toes

float like a whale and spew
water out your mouth
dream of being a pirate
and sailing your ship on a
sea of purple marshmallows

then run so fast and grab
another piece of watermelon
and do it all over again
eatin’ watermelon is fun
-7/05/2010

5 comments:

Terra said...

This is such a fun word picture that I want to join in and float like a whale and spit out those seeds. It sounds refreshing.

mxtodis123 said...

I could use a nice cold slice of it right now in this almost 100 degree weather. I remember as a child believing that swallowing a seed was cause a watermelon to grow in your tummy. Wonder why adults tell kids things like that.
Mary

Melodie said...

My Hubby can live off watermelon! It is the best summer treat for sure!

Robyn Campbell said...

You know when I was little, I really thought a watermelon would grow in my tummy if I ate the seeds. Yep, I was a dummy!

I can just feel juice dripping down my chin. Love the words. Perfect! But now I have to have some watermelon.

Did you get my email with the outline info? I wonder, because it acted weird when I sent it and I always seem to have email issues.

I love you girl! Stay safe and as beautiful as you are. Inside and out. *hugs*

Diandra said...

Even better - frozen slices of watermelon! (^v^)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers