"There is more hunger for love and
appreciation in this world than for bread."
appreciation in this world than for bread."
- Mother Teresa
More and more each day I have the opinion that we need to cultivate love in our own lives and toward others.
There is so much judgment and unforgiveness it is strangling our society and our world. We don't want to compromise. We don't want to listen.
Our society is obsessed with entertainment and self gratification. I want it, and I want it now. I want it all. Materialism is choking us to death and has driven people to purchase more than they can afford. A feeling of entitlement runs rampant.
I'm not against people working hard, having goals, or nice things. But we have moved away from what we need and are driven by what we want. We have had so much the intrinsic value of things has evaporated.
We are bored and restless and unable to understand why. I think we are hungering for an "old love" of life. I think we miss extending love to others, loving and nurturing the earth, and caring for home and hearth as in days gone by.(Take a peek: Slow Time, a book by Waverly Fitzgerald;Living In Season)
One reason I so love visiting blogs of friends who farm, garden, homestead, cook and tend the hearth, is because I feel these are humans still in touch with the human cycle of life. The natural rhythms of life. I so admire those who value the real "meat" of life.
People matter, the earth matters, wellness matters, oceans and forests matter, animals matter, preparing for tomorrow matters.
Loving kindness toward others opens a well spring of peace in my life. It helps me; somehow, clear some of the crap out my own life.
It is much easier; it seems to me, to seek the simpler things of life. It may take more elbow grease, time and thought, but I believe it will prove far more satisfying. A lasting satisfaction which may alter our life.
I'm talking to myself here. I've looked hard at where I've found myself and why.
There are many fine people who love and care for others and this earth, and many who are doing the best they, and I say, "Good job! I love and appreciate you!"
And there you have it.
Blessings and wishing you a wonderful day! Love ya'll!
July 8, 2010
smh

9 comments:
~beautiful words written to resonte within us today...to carry and hold close to our hearts...when we want, want, want...we loose sight at all the greatness that DOES exist in our lives...some need to simply open their eyes and SEE what they already have...an abundance far beyond what money can buy...
"A lasting satisfaction which may alter our life."
l♥♥♥ve this phrase...wishing you well and blessings aplenty~
~ooopppsss...resonate!~
Great, thought provoking post....something I needed to hear today. Thank you.
Mary
What a great post to stumble upon first thing in the morning. I feel like I can start my day now!
feel free to copy any of my recipes! i am flattered that you want to make them! i hope to get my sidebar organized one of these days so they will be easier to find.
I am sure you had some wonderful thoughts on love, but I couldn't concentrate enough to read the font. :-(
Wonderful post! I think you captured the way many people feel and more are beginning to feel.
Far better read. (I strongly hope you changed the font and it's not my eyes that were messed up yesterday. (^v^) )
So many people are obsessed with "What you should achieve" and "What your life should look like". They get completely lost (and angry) if you make them think about what *they* want and how *they* want to live their lives. And sometimes it's all so fast that you feel it's impossible to stop and follow your own needs.
Whenever I feel disconnected, I start cooking. My favorite for this is making sourdough bread, and I am looking forward to getting a real kitchen with an oven! Besides, making special food is my way of showing people I care for them. Strange, but true. I am not a big cuddler, I can't wax on and on about my feelings towards other people, but I'll go to great lengths to make their favorite food and make sure they eat something that is tasty and healthy...
Dear Wild Magnolia,
I loved hearing from you today, although I think you confused me with someone named Kerri, but I'm glad you did because it made me get on your blog, and of course, scrolling down, I learned about the heartbreaking death of your little son, and more about you, and your courage to carry on. I have such a tangle of loss and lost pathways in my own life that I often feel as if I am play-acting on my blog, trying to appear one way when the reality is so much more broken and shattered. Bless you for your courage and your giving, loving spirit. I'm still "on break" but hope to make it back to blogging by and by. I have a need to let go of everything for just a little bit, but knowing there are people like you in the world makes such a wonderful beacon in the darkness, lighting the way. xoxo Kari (of Writing Up A Storm)
Post a Comment