"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,
the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer
Monday, July 19, 2010
~ How It Really Is ~
Things are leveling out. My friend and roommate and former husband of 30 years is out of the hospital. Over medicated for diabetes. What a scare we had. He was incoherent and weak and I had quite a time getting him in the car. It started late Friday afternoon with him feeling sick and sweat pouring off him. I gave him orange juice, and tootsie rolls, and he leveled out. Sunday morning when I got up he was wild eyed and unable to communicate and sweat pouring off him. He hasn't been treated for diabetes very long and he now knows to check his sugar more often and work harder at eating properly. He is in cancer remission, has heart disease and kidney issues. He is also urine incontinent from prostrate surgery and radiation treatments. He has a lot to deal with. As you can see we have our hands full. We are on a limited income and are together to help each other. Whew!
Sometimes I become overwhelmed, despite my best efforts to stay encouraged, I zone out and it takes me a few days to regroup.
Sorry to lay such a load of words on you but wanted you know why I haven't been posting my usual forte of biographies and information.
I have been doing some writing; childhood memories; a short fiction story; and outlining a book. I have set up another blog and sometime or other I will open it. I'll let ya'll know.
Thanks for your patience and for sticking with me when there isn't much here at "The Wild Magnolia".
It is midsummer for sure here in south central Florida. We usually have thunderstorms in the late afternoon. If it's late enough it cools things off, if it's to early it becomes unbearably humid. We deal with it. :)
One of the bright spots of my day is visiting the blogs I follow. Keeps me sane. I have made several new blog friends, and I appreciate you, more than you can know. I love you gals!
Wishing the best of all things to settle in your life. Blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

8 comments:
~all i can say is how fortunate he is to have one whos heart is so big...through all you've been through together and still remain close is unique...a gift...a blessing...my heart goes out to you and yours and i wish only for healing wishes upon him...goodness knows he's deserves only that...warm wishes and brightest blessings~
Wishing the best for both of you and hoping that there are enough moments and things and friends around you to lift your spirit and to go on,keep writing,renilde
Never a need to apologize, I am just glad to hear about "how it really is"....it is some version of that for so many of us and there is strength in numbers, don't you think?
Visiting blogs brightens my world, too. There is something heartening about so many of us reaching for beauty and connection in the midst of our sometimes challenging lives.
Wishing you peace and strength and laughter,
Lesley
So glad to see you back! I hope things go better for your room mate and you.One of the wonderful things about blog friends is you can always count on them for support and encouragement!
Here's hoping those thunderstorms get their timing right and give you cool evenings!
No need to apologize. I am glad you are back. Diabetes is nothing to play with. He sure is a lucky man...to have someone as special as you in his life.
Mary
How fortunate you were there with him to take him to the hospital! I'm glad he is stable again. What a friend he has in you!
Be well and enjoy your Summer - take some time for yourself too.
Oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear of all this. He does have his hands full. I wish I lived closer. I would come and help you. Then we would share our writing.
Know that I am praying for him and for you. I cherish the friendship we have made. I saw that other blog and was going to investigate after visiting with you. So now I know.
I can't wait for you to open it. I love you, sweet friend. I will send the pics tomorrow. Not feeling too good tonight.
Praying... Sending hugs and more hugs to you. And your precious friend. Please tell him I am praying.
I love your entry, btw. Oh, how I hope it wins. It's wonderful. Talk soon. Sleep well.
Hello Sweetie. I am so glad I visited older blogs, this one was the first to come up. Darlin' you are a real trooper and a very good "nurse." Men are a peculiar species when it comes to their health, aren't they? You, as I, have "watchful eyes," for we know they may forget, neglect, or just be weary of their illnesses. My dear, you deserve a day all to yourself, just to be pampered. I do wish we lived closer because I would give you such a lovely gift. Thank you for sharing most recent bout with your friend/roommate. It give me an opportunity to reflect on my own situation, and I mostly find that it is what is. You my darlin' give me strength and encouragement that we can do what is reqired of us.
As for the weather, here in SC, a few showers and so very, very humid. The roses need pruning, weeds need pulling, but it's just too hot. Hopefully the universe will look down on us and smile. Take care darlin'. You're always in my thoughts.
Post a Comment