"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, July 26, 2010

~ Celebrate Yourself ~

“I CELEBRATE myself;
And what I assume you shall assume;
For every atom belonging to me, as good belongs to you.
  
I loafe and invite my Soul;
I lean and loafe at my ease, observing a spear of summer grass.”

Leaves of Grass ~ Walt Whitman

2 comments:

brandi said...

~l♥vely thoughts to carry with us today...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Sharon Lovejoy said...

I love Whitman and especially this fragment of his writing.

Thank you for reminding me to read him again, and thanks for reminding me to celebrate myself!

Joyous day to you,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers