Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday. ~ John Wayne
(*Kitigawa Utamaro - a japanese print maker who specialized in
the study of women in nature. He made woodblock prints and paintings.)
"When we find inspiration, we need to take action for ourselves and for our communities. Even if it means making a hard choice, or cutting out something and leaving it in your past."
Aron Ralston
I love this painting. The women gathered branches from the garden. They painted what they observed in the garden. This painting was done over 200 years ago. It is comforting to think of women in a garden, hundreds of years ago, doing the same things we might do today. They loved beauty then, we love beauty now.
I consider persons who create art, write, or paint, garden, cook, do crafts, farm, knit, sculpture, volunteer, raise a family and those who care for others, as life givers. They live, they take action, they give. They made good choices.
I've been thinking about my life. My choices. Where I am now. Choices reach far into the future. Choices are determiners. Whether our choices are well thought out or spur of the moment they still determine our much of our life.
And there it is, a few of my recent pondering's.
Blessings ~ and thanks for stopping by!
(Painting by Debra Vest -Women Gardening)
“You’ve got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you’re not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice.” ~ Steven D. Woodhull
+was+a+japanese+print+maker+woodblock+prints.jpg)

4 comments:
Great Reminder of the power of choice.
Thank you!! I've made some good choices and some not as good yesterday. Hopefully today will be exercising better judgment. Thank you for reminding me how important today is in making choices...that are the seeds of tomorrow.
I love all the quotes you've posted here - and the pictures.
I've been thinking about "do-overs" lately, and these quotes give lots of food for thought.
Great quotes and pictures!
Hey Girl!!! Wow, I love the new look of your blog - very nice! I love the quotes - I'm a collector for years now. They give us much to ponder. I've even come up with a few of my own . . . I think ;-) Glad you stopped by, always nice to see you.
Post a Comment