"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sammasati: At Rest, At Home

At At Peace, At Rest
Sammasati: means consciousness, but without any content. There is no thought, no desire, nothing is stirred in you. 


You are not contemplating about God or about great things…nature and its beauty, the Bible, the Koran, the Vedas, and their immensely significant statements. 

You are not contemplating! You are not concentrating on any special object either.

You are not chanting a mantra, because those are all things of the mind, those are all contents of the mind. 

You are not doing anything! The mind is utterly empty, and you are simply there in that emptiness. 

A kind of presence, a pure presence, with nowhere to go — utterly relaxed into oneself, at rest, at home. That is the meaning of Buddha’s meditation.
With all that is happening in our world and our United States I find myself drawn to a way of peace.  True meditation is a way, a practice, I am longing to relax into myself.  Pure presence...I want this, this way of life.  I am practicing.


Have a wonderful Sunday dear friends.


Japanese Koi Pond

3 comments:

Kari said...

Oh, I wonder if I could ever learn how to do this? Whenever I try to meditate, or simply sit quietly, my mind and heart begin to race wildly. I know it is a matter of working through to the other side, but I have never been able to ~ yet! Yes, doesn't it seem as if this is what the whole world needs, now more than ever?? Happy Happy Sunday to you, too!! xo Kari

mxtodis123 said...

Oh, how beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Mary

Rue said...

This is where I retreat when there is too much going on. Quiet, peace. Lovely.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers