"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweets for the Sweet ~ Strawberry Biscuits

~ Strawberry Pot Beauty ~
Strawberry Biscuits


1 cup diced strawberries
3 Tbsp sugar
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp cold butter
2/3 cup buttermilk


Toss stawberries with 2 Tbsp sugar and set aside. Sift together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then cut in the butter (a few chunks are okay).
Stir in stawberries, coating them with flour, Stir in buttermilk until flour mixture is moist. Gently knead the dough on a floured work surface. Pat to about 3/4" thick, then use a 2" buscuit cutter to stamp out rounds (you should get about 16). Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake in 450 degree oven until light brouwn, about 15 to 20 minutes.




The strawberry: "Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did."Dr William Butler, 17th century English writer

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Oh my goodness, do they ever look good. Thank you.
Mary

Kari said...

That top photo is like a painting! And this does look delicious. The strawberry is such a perfectly romantic fruit with its heart-shape and heart-color. I have a copy of The Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski which I got secondhand when I was compiling books while teaching. I have never read this Newbery Award book, but I always loved the title because of that one word, "strawberry." And I love the sweet illustrations in it, by Lois Lenski herself. I will have to peek into this book today. And I just put "strawberries" on my grocery list!! xo Kari

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers