"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, March 20, 2010

For Those Who Celebrate...Happy Ostara! Happy Spring Equinox!

Ostara Goddess of Spring

Card Design Artist - Anne Baird

Celebrate Spring & Rebirth

Pashka

2 1/2 Lbs. Small Curd Cottage Cheese
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup Chopped Almonds or Pecans
3/4 Cup Chopped Peaches
1/2 Cup Maraschino Cherries or
Dried Cherries
1 1/4 tsp. Vanilla
2 Sticks Butter, Melted
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Cups Evaporated Milk or Cream
2 Eggs

Mix all ingredients except the cottage cheese in a large pan over low heat until it thickens to the consistency of pudding. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Mix in the cottage cheese and beat well for about 3 minutes. Place in a cake pan and chill over night. Decorate the cake with candied eggs, flowers, chocolates, or other spring delicacies. Keep refrigerated.


Celebrate the Spring pinks and blues, and yellows and greens, and reds, you get the idea...celebrate the shades of Spring.  Fill a twisted vine basket with colored eggs and decorative grasses.  Whip up cupcake icing using spring colors.  Gather branches and hang Easter eggs on colored ribbons and place in a funky or antique vase.

Celebrate rebirth and renewal and long sunny days.  
Celebrate the changing of the seasons. 
Plant tender young herbs, flowers or vegetables.
Refresh your home with a good spring cleaning.....:)
Cook local fresh vegetables.
Make a big bowl of Ambrosia Fruit Salad.  Yummmm..
Walk in the woods or sit beside a lake and breathe the spring air.

Let go of the old and useless and embrace the new season.  Give it a whirl girlzzzzzzzzz.

Jump into Spring with both feet and have some fun.  Happy, Happy, Happy!

6 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i am starting to feel better and this helped. ALOT.

Sending Love, my friend

Kary
xxx

Unknown said...

What better thing to celebrate then a chance for a new beginning. Nice post!

Kari said...

I love your goddess with her bare feet and her paints and eggs and all those sweet rabbits clustered around her. Rabbits and spring just go together, although I love rabbits anytime, anywhere! I've just read back through your posts ~ what a wonderful blog you have. I love the paintings and quotes and poems you include, and your thoughtful words to go with them. I'll be back for sure! xo Kari of Writing Up A Storm

Anonymous said...

Did you paint Ostara? She's lovely. Would you believe I had not heard that name for her until this day?

Regardless of what you believe spiritually, the arrival of spring is worth celebrating. I very much enjoyed your illustrations.

Sandra said...

Happy Happy Spring Sweet Magnolia :o)
I have had a very difficult week but am feeling a bit better today.
Coming to your blog has given much to smile about.
I love the egg tree..is this yours?
And the Hare communing with Moon Woman...sweet.

Blessings and Love to you dear sister..
I hope you are well and happy.

Ama

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hi Sandra....love your Happy Spring...

stopping by to say thanks for thinking of me....

it helps.

sending love,
kary

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers