"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, February 21, 2010

"...The Only Life You Could Save..."

Hydrangea Blue

June 18, 2009

Keeping busy with my bones.  Choosing bones, gnawing, burying and digging up again.  Choosing my favorite bones.  Identifying my passions and engaging in life. (see my 1/26/2010 post,  "She Who Rides With the Wind & Digs Ups Bones")

Life extends far beyond blogging.  Living it first, crafting, art, cooking, photography, farming, gardening, writing, domestic goddess...living it first is where the passion grows and creates a beauty filled with energy.  This energy is compelling and ignites sparks of possibility thinking for each person. 

I've discovered, forgiveness and acceptance are necessary, and enable me to move on with my life.  Choosing my bones, the things I love, and incorporating these passions into daily life.  I want something worthwhile to share with others on their journey.

And so I see myself as a life seeker; a gatherer; an observer of people and nature; a fellow traveler hoping I can learn and share bits of goodness and fun along the way.

Blessings...

The Journey

One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice--
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.

"Mend my life!"
each voice cried.
But you didn't stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.

It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do--
determined to save
the only life you could save.

© Mary Oliver

5 comments:

Terra said...

This is a lovely poem by Mary Oliver, and wise words by you.
Terra

Sandra said...

So perfectly stated and words that feed my spirit and heart this day.

Believe me, you offer much to all who visit you here and are gifted by it.

Isn't that blue striking? Lately I have taken to the color and energy of blue and have been adding bit in my life where possible.
Blue hydrangeas...heavenly...

:o) Ama

kerrdelune said...

This is absolutely sublime, dearest Magnolia!

Robyn Campbell said...

The Hydrangea is absolutely so beautiful. Thank you for starting my day out the way it needed to start. Lovely poem. Love words. Thank you. =)

Robyn Campbell said...

Oops, I meant lovely words. =)Although it could be love words. *grin* It fits.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers