"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,
the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
She Who Rides the Wind & Digs Up Bones
"Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still."
Henry David Thoreau
Every day I visit a few of my favorite blogs. I had stopped by "Lunar Musings" and found the Thoreau quote. These words struck deep in my soul. Thinking on this last night I decided to make to take "bone" as my word for 2010. (http://lunarmusings.typepad.com/)
My biggest struggles have been with myself, and no doubt, spending this year getting to know my own bone, burying it, unearthing it, and gnawing it still, is a big job. Do what I love. The passion for life seems to have leaked out. However, my quest to rekindle the flame is still in my heart.
Nothing stays the same and change is forever on the wind. A quote I read on facebook the other day said if we surrender we can ride the wind. Well, I'm ready to step off the ground and ride the wind. You may call me "Wind Rider" or "She Who Rides the Wind if you like". :-)
Also, I'm thinking about the things that are free. Another Thoreau quote nudges my mind forward to get on with it. Nature's hearth cost nothing. Stop and smell the roses, in other words, push the curtain aside.
There it is, my thoughts for now. Hope these thoughts are not too heavy.
"To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself. You have only to push aside the curtain."
Henry David Thoreau
Post Script: The doggie's are for your viewing pleasure. They are so cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett


3 comments:
I love reading Walden, it is so timeless and so needed in the rat race that we have today. I like your vision of "bones" for this years word. I am going to be writing about my Vision Calendar and my word for the year this week...so it was refreshing to read your post.
What a super fantastic post. And I do love the bones analogy. So much so that I think I'll think on this myself. I'm riding the wind with you. *grin*
You have a very beautiful blog. Your thoughts are lovely and true. I will revisit! I found you over at Kari's "Writing Up a Storm". I think having quotes in our heads is a good way to approach and continue a day.
Post a Comment