"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, August 16, 2013

Dog Days of Summer

The weather in Maggie Valley is fall like, no dog days of summer this week.  I am not complaining.  The dog days of summer is like another season for me.  A space carved out of time and named like a theme park, or movie, or town.  A tradition to celebrate like 4th of July.  Sparklers come to mind, picnics, popsicles, and potato salad, and iced tea.
Summer itself is fun and bright and usually humid and hot.  This year, as I’ve said, I no longer hate summer, speaking of the heat.  

Seasons connect us.   We all have seasons.  Different seasons but some changes occur everywhere.  YaYa!
Summer Toes

S-U-M-M-E-R-T-I-M-E




3 comments:

Terra said...

Hey, who is that "girl friend" on the left with those pink toes? Giggle.
I am having a give away of a book on my blog today, in this warm summer season.

mxtodis123 said...

It's great to hear from you. You've been missed.
Mary

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love the matching toenails!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers