"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Earth and Old Things....

We arrived in Jacksonville, North Carolina, in the rain.  We left in the rain.  Arrived in Milford, Virginia, in the rain.  It is still raining.  The new campground is nestled in sweet smelling woodlands.  

To my further delight a large field of wheat glows and stands tall next to the camp.  First time to see wheat in the real.  I am mesmerized, totally.

Colonial America is close by,  tomorrow we travel to Fredericksburg, this should be interesting.  I plan on a photo shoot in the Old Town.  One bookstore and one Goodwill.  Would enjoy a peek at the Rappahannock River. *

The fourth of July, and being in Virginia,  has Colonial America on my mind.

My walk down the slightly rutted sand road this morning cleared the cobwebs in my mind.  Clarity keeps a certain order in my life. My treasure finds, the old home place and red barn speak to me, there was a family here once upon a time.

Trees some a 100 feet tall dwarf me.  I take my time scanning the edge of the woods, prolonging my next discovery as long as possible.  Sweet Peas, Queens Anne’s Lace, mushrooms, blackberries.......broken porcelain, colored glass....free gifts.

Walking meditation.  Temporary silence.  Healing.  Glorious.
 
Wishing all good things to settle in your lives. 




*“...The Rappahannock River flows from its origin at Chester Gap in Rappahannock County approximately 184 miles to the Chesapeake Bay. The first 62 miles, from the headwaters to Mayfield Bridge (Fredericksburg), are designated State Scenic River....”






5 comments:

Akannie said...

Just beautiful...and just what I needed to hear as I wander off to bed at this ghastly hour...walking meditation, Temporary silence. Healing.

Thank you dear one.

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

What an exciting place you have chosen for your 4th july holiday..it looks sublime.
You will have so much to see and write about.
You are in the "middle" of it all so to say.
I watched an American programme on discovery the other day. It was showing how some of the old old farm house barns, still have 'stuff and things' hidden in corners from the civil war.
Have a wonderful time.
A super post enjoyed reading it.
val

mxtodis123 said...

Oh,what a lovely place. I've always dreamed of doing what you are doing, traveling across the country. Have a wonderful 4th of July.
Mary

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a perfect 4th of july you will have. i've never seen wheat growing in person either.

Fred W. H. said...

The perfect place to celebrate this nations holiday. Great photo's.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers