"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, February 17, 2013

G-r-a-t-i-t-u-d-e Sunday! Wooly Moss Roots.....


G-r-a-t-i-t-u-d-e  Sunday!

Another Sunday presents itself.  Everyday is sacred.  Sunday seems to me sewed in with goodness and peace and rest.  

This week I feel gratitude for:

  • Homemade Strawberry Bread, by me.
  • Beeswax and botanical candles arrived in the mail.
  • April 1st is closer.  April 1st is the scheduled day to leave our winter space.  Whoop.  Whoop.
  • Brants is a big used bookstore in Sarasota.  I have loved this store for over thirty years.  Recently they moved to a new store.  Sturdy with no holes in the ceiling or between the wood boards of the wall.  The Beekeeper’s Apprentice, by Laurie R. King, I found it here after a year of searching.  Bonus.  Two other books authored by Ms.  King.
  • Being able to keep up via twitter, my grandson’s hockey game in Scotland.
  • Mister surprised me, a cast iron dutch oven, and two skillets.  Fried green tomatoes, cornbread, smothered okra, bacon and so on.
  • Looking for the wisdom and individuality in faces of people I watch.  The faces and physical appearance tell me about them.  Happiness, depression, anger, kindness and hope, a wide range of emotion, and acceptance is there to be read.  
  • Will finish reading The Hobbit today.
  • Another sacred sunday walk.
  • The right to choose my life.
Wishing you a happy new week.
MySundayLooksLikeThis.
G-R-A-T-I-T-U-D-E

6 comments:

Terra said...

Ah, Sacred Sunday, a good day for a walk after church. We had no electricity in church today so it was dark and candlelit and lovely in a different way.
Laurie King's Sherlock Holmes books are great, I am glad you found 3 of her books. Used book stores hold lots of treasures.
I am going to a garden store in a few minutes.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

gorgeous photos!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

What a beautiful
and meaningful post.
I love my cast iron dutch oven,
it was my mother's.
I ordered something from Wooly Moss Roots and would not have known about them - except for you:)
Take care
and wishing you a good week.

Kerri Farley said...

A Beautiful post and lovely images :)

renilde said...

green fried tomatoes always make me think of that film,
okra soup is great too,
finding that book you always wanted is joy and anticipatory pleasure,
enjoy your candlelight and walks dear friend, xx

Anonymous said...

Homemade Strawberry Bread!!!! sounds delish!
beautiful pics and a wonderful list - I love Sunday walks too.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers