"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Ramble

The lake, the river, and the woods welcome me.  While walking I hear the river softly slapping the shore, a boat passes by.

Molly Gael loves a walk in the woods.  Running off path is her joy.  Remembering sometimes there be snakes in the palmetto, I reign her in.

Oak trees and hanging moss, long needle pine, sumac, ferns, and we found an orange tree out in the woods.  I was so happy to see it there.  I smell bark and carpets of fallen leaves, and dark wet river sand.  A walkabout in solitude, an incredible gift.

Nature is the only past we can see.  Humans come and go, animals come and go.  To visit nature is to visit a friend.

Mosquitos.  Yes.  In Florida on water in winter, there be mosquitos, until there is a freeze.  

These pictures show a bit of my world.  The Flag, and the November Full Beaver Moon, and star are a favorite.

Happy Friday, and happy weeks end, you wonderful people.





7 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

You live in such a beautiful world. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Mary

Unknown said...

so so lovely, thanks for sharing it with us. and looks peaceful too.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thanks Sister for taking us on your lovely walk...it truly is beautiful!

I hope your weeks end is full of depth and stillness...the kind that fills you all the way up! :)

Love You,
Akasa
xoxoxo

Marguerite said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend, cher! Thanks for stopping by!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you for sharing the beauty
in your world.
So different what I see in the woods :)

In My Wild Eden said...

You paint such beautiful pictures with your writing. I could see and smell it all. What a wonderful walk.

Linda said...

Beautiful Pictures...I love the one wit the squirrel poking out behind the tree...:)

Thanks for sharing the green.. I already miss it...

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers