last evening, it rained.
me and molly walked a
rutted road beside the
soybean field. lukewarm
breezes scented with
sweet grass brushed
our faces.
i walked and gave thanks.
caring about the farmers
embolden, i asked for more rain.
no hail, no tornados,
no high winds, just the rain.
corn and wheat
hay and soybeans
sorghum and sunflowers
to name a few
seeing miles
upon miles of plains
crops growing
the bigness
of it all
crops growing
the bigness
of it all
has been good
for me
farming is hard work
expensive
time consuming
requires machinery
ever after
i will
think more
of my food
the sky was filled
with storm clouds
rain began to fall
we headed home
molly was happy,
prancing along head held high,
proud like she brought
the rain.
4 comments:
Great photos! Love the sunflowers! Thank Goodness for the rain!
Love the glimpses of your world right now Dear One! :)
Thanks be to Father Sky and the Element of Water for allowing the Rains to fall! A'HO!
We got a bit here as well in the storm mode...power knocked out for several hours but I was just happy for the rain as we are in severe drought conditions, and I remain in deep gratitude.
Have a wonderful weekend Sister of my Heart!
These pics are breathtaking and I gotta tell you - I absolutely adore your writing - felt like I was right there with you.
Oh glorious rain - we got a good soaking yesterday and it was truly heaven-sent!
Happy weekend!
What great photos of the fields! Especially the sunflowers. They always bring a smile.
Post a Comment