Saturday morning and I did not have to rise early! A thousand happinesses. The RV of the 3 Musketeer’s is snuggled in Catfish Haven.
St. Martinville is Cajun country. Early French Canadian settlers no one wanted were left off to settle here.
“Forcibly expelled by the British from their homes and farms in maritime Canada during the second half of the 18th Century, many Acadians eventually made their way to southern Louisiana, where, over the generations, their descendants have formed the nucleus of Louisiana's Cajun life and culture.” Louisiana History
Yesterday was our first challenging travel. Three traffic backups for vehicles with flat tires. You must slow down when law enforcement is on the road side. Fine. I am sure you know what happens to three lanes of interstate traffic when this occurs. Everyone slows down.
Mister waited and waited to fuel up, until it became critical. Every gas station does not sell diesel, nor can they accommodate a very tall fifth wheel RV. Solution? Drop/unhook the RV, leave in Walmart parking lot, drive truck to gas station. Someone had to stand in the heat for approximately thirty minutes to guard the RV. Clue, it wasn’t mister. ;-}
The road chosen to arrive at Catfish Haven RV was a mass of pave overs and bumps a million. The road from hell slung almost everything out of the living room cabinets. The linen closet left wall which was flush to the clothes closet came unglued. Yep, unglued.
Life is a hoot sometimes. I cannot deny there were a few verbal battles, but we did not kill each other. When I become overheated from lack of air-conditioning all my peace drains out and I can do murder. sigh.....
I haven't ventured out much to take pics of the campground. Early evening after it is cooler.
The Cajun people have flourished and preserved their faith and culture. The younger's are not so tied to their roots outwardly, but I think they cannot shake of their significant beginnings. Their ancestor's are with them, I feel them too.
I haven't ventured out much to take pics of the campground. Early evening after it is cooler.
The Cajun people have flourished and preserved their faith and culture. The younger's are not so tied to their roots outwardly, but I think they cannot shake of their significant beginnings. Their ancestor's are with them, I feel them too.
I'm stocking up on Cajun canned goods and file Gumbo and powdered gravy mixes.
Happy Weekend ya'll.
❤
1 comment:
Sounds like an adventure!
Post a Comment