this was an exciting find on facebook today. exciting to realize i have the right to choose. in the whole wide world, throughout the universe, i may choose most of what comes in close and touches me. always, it remains to my will, to choose how i react.
sometimes i react very well, other times, not so much. a good thing though, i never give up.
it is fun to make your own choices,
walt whitman looks tired in this photo, he looks like an old timer, he looks like a grandfather. knowing he lived so long ago, learned from what he lived, and wrote much of it down, and it’s good, is a comforting to read.
happy week all you wonderful people.




7 comments:
One of my favotite writers. I never saw that quote before, thank you for sharing this beautiful photo of him.
His name rang a bell, bt i'm not sure where i came across it. Thanks for bringing him to my attention, i'm going to look for his writings on the net, i like what Wikipedia writes about him.
i am so sorry to hear about your son, i know he will be in your heart forever, the flowers i posted yesterday are for you both, hugs xx
Great quote, wonderful reminder. I don't like all of Whitman's works, but what I do 'like', I love.
most people, i think, don't examine what they're told, let alone re-examine. it's an important exercise. and love the bit of the insult to the soul.
What a wonderful quote! I love seeing the picture of him also.
A wise man... and yes books are comforting to read. Our dedicated friends for ever. And they do help too!
They help us make the right choise. more often than we realize ; )
Oh my do I love that!
"Dismiss what insults your soul"
Yes that is so worth remembering!
Post a Comment