"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, March 19, 2012

Pioneer Day ~ Arcadia ~ 2012 - See for Yourself

It was a small celebration perfect for the little town of Arcadia.  Still rich is southern charm.  Cowboy's, watermelon farms, orange groves, fishing in the Peace River, WalMart, Sweetbay, Burger King, Slim's BBQ, schools, Bed and Breakfast, a small town.  Loads of northerner's visit during the winter.


There were BBQ cook offs, fresh churned butter, biscuits and cane syrup, boiled peanuts, Pioneer Day t-shirts, farmers market vegetables, arts and crafts.  Vintage cars. Pony rides and my favorite, meeting the Desoto County Sheriff's Mounted Posse.


I had so much fun.


3 comments:

Rue said...

Oh dear. Please tell me that tiger is taxidermy and not real and stuck in that tiny cage.

Sad kitty aside, I LOVE a fair/farmers market/festival! Looking at all those booths makes me long for our farmers market which, alas, won't begin until May.

Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Looks like a perfect Florida day. I love seeing the primitive crafts and cooking. Love your pup.

Melodie said...

I love little local festivals like that! What a fun day!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers