"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Ramble ❤ Green Renaissance ~ Walking in the Trees

Photo Source
Borneo Rainforest

Renaissance means rebirth.

Choose your own renaissance.  Right now I'm thinking green (or as my youngest daughter says, "geen".)

St. Patrick's day and going green, saving our world and all that jazz.  Making it fun.

Spring and green shoots popping up in gardens, and tender leaves on trees.  It is all good.  Even if we didn't have a winter here in the south.

“In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, ―no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair. Standing on the bare ground, ―my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, ―all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eye-ball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or particle of God.”
―Ralph Waldo Emerson
"When we speak of Nature it is wrong to forget that we are ourselves a part of Nature. We ought to view ourselves with the same curiosity and openness with which we study a tree, the sky or a thought, because we too are linked to the entire universe."  - Henri Matisse
Plant a tree, and hug it.  Find a tree and hug it.

5 comments:

Terra said...

Have a lovely geen March and St. Patrick's Day. Plant a tree and smile!

mxtodis123 said...

What a lovely post. I think what I will do tomorrow is start my window herb garden. Now, that bridge in the picture is another story. Don't think I could walk that. LOL!!!
Mary

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (I'm with Mary on that bridge too, yikes!) Thanks so much for stopping by today and for taking the time to stop and comment!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Such a beautiful bridge in the Forest...it takes my breath away.
I'm with Mary tho, don't think I could walk it? He He

I'm with you on Saving the Planet and going Green.

Tomorrow I celebrate my Mother's Birthday even tho she's no longer with us...My St. Patty's Girl!!!
With her Irish Lineage (partly)
and beautiful Auburn Red hair...she was a beauty! :)

Happy St. Patty's Day Sandra!
I love you Sister Soul and thanks for stopping by and leaving such a delightful comment on my poem.
(((Big Hugs Loveliness!)))

Unknown said...

i would totally walk that bridge.

whose is that last painting? like the feel of it.

happy greening!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers