"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Rare Beauty ❧ Poetry ❧ Old Year

Elizabeth Taylor - Time Magazine - July 1947



"And ye, who have met with Adversity's blast,
And been bow'd to the earth by its fury; To whom the Twelve Months, that have recently pass'd Were as harsh as a prejudiced jury - Still, fill to the Future! and join in our chime, The regrets of remembrance to cozen, And having obtained a New Trial of Time, Shout in hopes of a kindlier dozen."


~Thomas Hood

2 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

She was such a beautiful woman and a tremendous individual.
Mary

Bohemian said...

Old Hollywood had such Class.

Thanks for stopping by with encouraging words... I had a great day today, got out in the Sunshine, went shopping and out to Lunch, visited with Friends... and scheduled a consultation with my Chinese Doctor/Acupuncturist/Herbalist so that I will soon be back to Center.
Slowing down is key... and deciding what I don't have to do right now. *winks*

Dawn... The Bohemian

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers