"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving ❤

Painting Source: Click Here



This folk art painting of a village Thanksgiving scene was painted by Antonio Esteves in 1978,  while he was recovering from burns he received in a boiler explosion.  His work has been exhibited at the Brooklyn Museum.  This piece is a gift from the Esteves family.

Happy Thanksgiving to All You Sweet People.







9 comments:

Kameshwari said...

Thank You! Happy Thanksgiving to you.

I love the drawing.

renilde said...

Happy Thanksgiving !
I've always loved folk art, straight from the heart, daily life, honest and fun too, xx

AkasaWolfSong said...

Beautiful just like you! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

My Grama's Soul said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweet lady.

xo

Jo

Marti said...

Happy Thanksgiving, blessing to you and to all those you love.

Akannie said...

Love that picture, WM.....Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours....

We are surely blessed.... xoxoxoxox

Gail Dixon said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! Gobble gobble!

Relyn Lawson said...

The meal has been eaten.
The kitchen is clean.
The leftovers are stashed.
The walk has been taken.
Everyone is happy and fed and blessed.
Now I have the time to stop by.
On this Thanksgiving Day, I wanted to tell you that I am thankful for you; for this blog; for inspiration and connection. Sending you much love, Relyn

On Fragile Wings said...

Belated Thanksgiving wishes to you and yous

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers