I am of a truth looking
back in time for a second
look at the stories I all
but ignored traveling
from year to year
being sixty-five
takes me by surprise
all of a sudden
gray hair
wise wrinkles
...you know what I mean,
some of you will
if you are going to san francisco
be sure to wear some
flowers in your hair
are you going to scarborough fair
I did it my way...(and had many
times a broken heart)
strawberry wine
daydream believer
a spoon full of sugar
helps the medicine go down
music pushes me along
and along the paths i’ve
chosen
grown daughter’s
having grown children
so far no gg-children
waiting right here
to leave
and change up
RV travel
connected
with high school
friends of facebook
who’d a ‘thunk it?
beloveds in
maine
los angeles
lakeland
paying more
attention to politics
and wishing I hadn’t
hanging on to
personal items
knowing full well
i must release them
before we move on
down the road....again
hmmph....
missing my long times
of quiet
life's a trade off
but I am happy
in love still
with words....
they take me places
show me things
thrill me to my finger tips
make me cry
laugh
remember
try to forget
keep me comin’ back
for more....
writing it out
a backward glance
only now exists
dreaming the future
is fun......❣
sandra m. hagan © August 21, 201
Happy, Happy Monday ya'll sweet and gentle people.
Happy, Happy Monday ya'll sweet and gentle people.
photo: After the Storm a Sunset
by me.
8 comments:
nice poem, and i also love the pics in your background, they evoke the femenine to me, the divine femenine... sweet :)
what a great piece! :) It made me smile and nod the whole way through.
Beautifully written dear friend.
Hugs,
Jo
Lovely poem, backed by lovely music. I was stationed in Okinawa, back in the 60's. I ate at a "nice" local restaurant that had music similar to this. The music took me back in time!
I can relate to much in the poem.
Could never trade my quiet time
and solitude.
I tried once
So happy the gift was given back.
But then 75 is different then 65.
Take care....
well, my friend...you have outdone yourself with these words...i LOVED it.....
happy to see you at farmhouse kitchen...always a pleasure to have you stop by...
sending love,
kary and end of summer teddy boy
xx
A lot in your poem today reminded me of myself. I often think "Who is that in the mirror?" when I get a passing glance. :)
Oh, my!
Beautiful words.
Post a Comment