ernst fuchs - rosary painting
"Go to the winter woods: listen there, look, watch, and “the dead months” will give you a subtler
secret than any you have yet found in the forest."
secret than any you have yet found in the forest."
- Fiona Macleod, Where the Forest Murmurs
The subtle secrets of life have good manners and approach quietly. They are ethereal and touch our spirits, and open our eyes and minds to see with the eyes of a child, magic dwells in the everyday life, and remains limited only by our inability to believe. The subtler secrets are no less important, in fact, I find them more exciting for their ability to tip toe quietly into our lives and surprise us.
May we all become passionate observers of life.
I wish the more subtle secrets of life to bring magic in your day to day life, beginning today!
Blessings dear hearts!
May we all become passionate observers of life.
I wish the more subtle secrets of life to bring magic in your day to day life, beginning today!
Blessings dear hearts!

5 comments:
I love the winter woods! I think the more we can slow down our modern lives the more we begin to see the magic we were missing out on!
Sandi....this is so gorgeous. I am excited to learn about this book and just looked it up online.
Look at the names of the chapters, very intriguing:
http://www.archive.org/stream/whereforestmurm00maclgoog#page/n12/mode/2up
I love the winter-bare trees and am actually not feeling ready for the buds and green mists of Spring, tho' they are beginning. I think I shall order an old copy of this book and take it with my to our own woods, in all of the seasons, and spend more time amongst them than I did last year.
You have inspired me.
There is magic around us, all the time. We need to take time to listen, appreciate and enjoy what small wonders surround us.
A lovely reminder.
Blessings
Moana
Wow, this is gorgeous, Magnolia - I've always loved Fiona McLeod and both the words and the images here are sublime. Thank you!!!
Thanks for this post, sometimes when life is playing one of its chaotic games again it's good to remember the subtle secrets because in their subtle way they are a path to solutions and balance,x
Post a Comment