~ The Cranes are Calling to Me ~
(Very interesting link about specific area cultures and this mural.)
“To what shall
I liken the world?
I liken the world?
moonlight, reflected
in dewdrops,
shaken from a crane’s bill.” Dogen
For some unknown reason, I've been thinking about cranes. They are sleek and beautiful, they fly, and potter at waters edge. To me they are royal and deliberate in their solitude of lakes and oceans. I think cranes are Zen living fully n the moment. They don't struggle to be cranes;they know who they are;they know their path. In sky travel they are a poetry, I want to go with.
The mural above is dreamlike, soft and peaceful, the cranes seem to me a good omen. This mural was painted to celebrate the oneness of all cultures. It seemed all inclusive, giving gifts particular to several belief systems. (Click on Magic Carpet link beneath paiting, it is worth the time to read peoples take on this mural.)
Wishing you discovery in the oneness of us all, may we recognize strength toward peace.
The mural above is dreamlike, soft and peaceful, the cranes seem to me a good omen. This mural was painted to celebrate the oneness of all cultures. It seemed all inclusive, giving gifts particular to several belief systems. (Click on Magic Carpet link beneath paiting, it is worth the time to read peoples take on this mural.)
Wishing you discovery in the oneness of us all, may we recognize strength toward peace.

4 comments:
Just last evening,as we were doing farm chores,a pair of very large, dark cranes flew low over us.The Boy and I just stood there ans silently watched them until they were out of sight....it was one of life's little moments...
So true about cranes. When they appear they seem like shy messengers of nature's wonders.
Cranes are such wondrous gifts from God. They're so serene. So calm. A message from the Lord that we should live our lives that way too.
Lovely post, Sandi. x
Beautiful - have a special blessing this very day...
Post a Comment