"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, December 13, 2010

~ Christmas Thoughts ~


We are having our very own little winter here in Florida.  Not raging snow and ice, I admit, but wind and rain and cold.  Personally I do not care for the assault of the wind, everything else I can handle.  The winds simply annoy me. J

Capturing the holiday spirit is an effort for me this year.  With my former husband so ill, my perspective is on celebrating life.

A tiny spiral office Christmas tree adorns my small country shelf.  A green balsam candle and votive holder inscribed with “Peace to All Who Enter” rests next to tree, these are my decorations.  Lights, wreaths, trees, garland and bulbs are long gone.  Left behind when I moved to Maine for one year.  Hah!

Does it matter in the scheme of life right now?  Not in the least.  Of necessity my life is simplified for me.  My focus is redirected for the entirety of life.  Learning to manage on less frees me up to imagine the best things in life.

Small children are the joy of Christmas.  Christmas is pure fun for a child.  The mystery and excitement of Santa Claus thrills the wee ones.  Building the holidays around children allowed me to feel their happiness.  I was so excited for them to open their gifts.

I wish for you children to brighten your holiday season.
Blessings.

5 comments:

Robyn Campbell said...

Stay outta that wind.

It sounds to me like your head is in ALL the right places. Super post from a most super person. (Wishing you were here at the farm. Though we did get snow last night. :)

mxtodis123 said...

This is the year to simplify. We've had rain, too, but I love the wind....as long as I can sit in the house and listen to it, that is. Wonderful perspective you have.
Mary

Kerri Farley said...

So very sorry about the illness in your family .... those are tough times to go through and especially at Christmas.
I want you to know that each and every comment you leave for me is so welcome and treasured .... you brighten my day :)

AkasaWolfSong said...

" Learning to manage on less frees me up to imagine the best things in life."

My Dear Sweet! This should be a mantra for everyone at all times. I am sorry for what you are going through, but I have the distinct impression that whatever you are experiencing, you are not alone...you are loved by many here, and most certainly by me in the short time I've been priviledged to know you so ... we will grab your hand and walk with you.

As well I feel Deep Peace when I walk into your home here...a deep, abiding, Sister Peace.

You are a most beautiful example of being a Woman, so I celebrate Life with you!

Big Hugs and Lots of Love...

Anonymous said...

I wish you peace this holiday season. That's what I wish for all of us...

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers