"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Pale Queen of the Silent Night.....

That orbed maiden, with white fire laden,
Whom mortals call the moon.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Cloud

Look how the pale queen of the silent night
Doth cause the ocean to attend upon her....
~Charles Best, "A Sonnet of the Moon"




(This is the St. Lawrence River near Quebec City, Canada.  Venus sparkles in the upper left and Jupiter is at the right.)

5 comments:

Melodie said...

How lovely would it be to sit along the banks of that river on a cool evening, after a hot summer day, and just watch the moon rise...

Quilt Architect said...

Beautiful. I love the blue. Why is that so hard to find in fabric? Thanks for sharing the poetry. I am trying to gain more poetry appreciation.
Have a wonderful day.

Julie Dao said...

I love that description of the moon, and the picture is so haunting. There's something about the moon over the sea...

Kari said...

I wonder what it was like to live in the world when everyone believed the moon and stars were goddesses and gods with special powers? Beautiful photograph!! xo Kari

Bonnie said...

Awesome shot of the St. Lawrence River. I wish that I had the knowledge to take gorgeous shots as you provide. Lovely, just lovely.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers