"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, May 27, 2010

"...It is the very error of the moon..."

It is the very error of the moon ;
She comes more nearer earth than she was wont,
And makes men mad.
            - Shakespeare, "Othello," V, ii

Full Flower Moon of May

In most areas, flowers are abundant everywhere during this time.  Thus, the name of this Moon.  Other names include the Full Corn Planting Moon, or the Milk Moon. (Farmer's Almanac)


Top photo: by Yulia Volodina

9 comments:

brandi said...

~gorgeous both words and photos...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i LOVED that quote you sent. LOVED IT !

And just this morning around 5...... I was up with "you know who" and thought...what is that light..i looked...and it was the full moon in my window....

beautiful...

sending love, my friend

kary and teddy
xxx

Karin Bartimole said...

breathtaking images - the full flower moon of may might now be my favorite moon!
many thanks for your visit and the thoughtful message you left for me.
may nature's beauty fill your day, Karin

Quilt Architect said...

The moon is very mysterious. A reflection of light and a reflection of verse.
Thank you.

Melodie said...

You must have been out looking at the moon last night!We were too.....

Rue said...

Shakespeare is magic. So are those photos.

Unknown said...

I noticed it too, and actually thought about how many other people were looking at the same bright yellow moon.

Umā said...

Beautiful! The full moon was gorgeous here in the hills this weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting at my blog! Nice to "meet" you!

Kari said...

Oh, I have been so "out of pocket" of late!! I've let go of the world, am trying to climb back on. It must be the moon!! I've been re-reading Julia Cameron's The Right to Write, trying to jump-start my creativity again. Trying to write my way through the woods. In the moonlight. xoxo Kari

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers