"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Praying for Peace! ~ Let there be Peace on Earth and let it begin with Me!



Today peace in on my mind and in my prayers! 

Googling war and peace!  How do other nations and people see war and peace.  I like to know how other people think.

Somewhere in my travels my copy of , "The Art of War", by Sun Tzu has disappeared.    Searching the internet I found a free e-book copy to read.   www.gutenberg.org/etext/132  and  www.chinapage.com/sunzi-e.html

Wikipedia  states in part,  "The Art of War (Chinese: 孫子兵法; pinyin: Sūn Zǐ Bīng Fǎ) is a Chinese military treatise that was written by Sun Tzu in the 6th century BC, during the Spring and Autumn period. Composed of 13 chapters, each of which is devoted to one aspect of warfare, it is said to be the definitive work on military strategies and tactics of its time, and still one of the basic texts.

Sun Tzu on war:

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? " 

Quotes from the "Art of War", Sun Tzu

Peace quotes:

“Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away.”  Robert Fulghum

"Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.”   Mahatma Ghandi

"If you love peace, then hate injustice, hate tyranny, hate greed , but hate these things in yourself, not in another."  Mahatma Ghandi

"I swear I will not dishonor my soul with hatred,  but offer myself humbly as a guardian of nature,  as a healer of misery, as a messenger of wonder,  as an architect of peace."  Diane Ackerman

"We must be prepared to make heroic sacrifices for the cause of peace that we make ungrudgingly for the cause of war. There is no task that is more important or closer to my heart."  Albert Einstein

Seeking to wrap my mind around what is happening in our world today.  I'm with Diane Ackerman wanting to offer myself humbly and be an architect of peace.



No comments:

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers